From the Garden
If you can, grow your own.
Fresh & Organic
Regardless of diet, buying fresh and organic food is always a smart way to go. Farm to table is even better. Weekly markets are a great way to shop. You get to know the farmers and the produce they carry and when it is available. Best reason why? Benefit from more nutrients + no chemicals. Taste amazing, organic just tastes fresher! Avoid all of the chemicals! Avoid GMO, hormones, antibiotics and drugs in animal products.
Berries, Berries and More Berries
The fun part of eating berries when they are in Eason is finding the "Berries List" of the year. Next, see if you can find them all!
Strawberries - Vitamin C, Magnesium, Folate, Calcium & Potassium
Raspberries - Vitamin C, Magnesium & Calcium
Blueberries - Vitamin C, Potassium, Fiber and Antioxidants
Currants - Calcium, Vitamin C, Potassium, and Fiber
Blackberries - Calcium, Vitamin C, Potassium and Antioxidants
Lingonberries - Vitamin C, Magnesium, & Fiber
Bilberries - Antioxidants known as Anthocyanins and Polyphenols - To read about Bilberryies click here
TOP 10 SUPERFOODS 2018
Eat/Consume daily for
- Blueberries - Top Antioxidant
- Oats - Fiber Intake
- An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
- Drink Green Tea to Increase Metabolism
- Ground Flaxseeds - Good Source of Fiber and Reduces Inflammation
- Yogurt Improves Gut Bacteria and Boost our Immune System.
- Broccoli Is the Antioxidant 1st Prize Winner
- Olive Oil for Heart Health and Many, Many Many more.
- Beans Are Brain Food and a Soluble Fiber
- Cinnamon Is a Healing Spice